Saturday, November 06, 2004

Blog Hopping

I've never been one to blog hop. I just don't feel like browsing through stranger's blog. Reason? 1) They're strangers so half the time I don't even know what they're talking about and 2)I'm a lazy bum. But last night due to sheer boredom (Gee... what else is new?) I decided to blog hop and see what interesting things I might find.

I did find some intersting blogs and some are very engaging to read but I noticed a similarity with most blogs, the pages are pretty sedate (sorry people). What I mean by sedate is that its only words and nothing else. Not much for eye candy. Unlike my page which is full of pictures and marquees and such. Out of all the blogs I checked out only 2 had tagboards. In a way it made me feel like I went over the top with my own page. Hmm... perhaps I did but what the heck. As long as I like it.

I just feel that if you want to get people to be interested in what you have to offer you have to find a way to get them to stop awhile. So for me by making my page decorative is a way to make them and stop and read what I have to say. Other than that it just makes me feel good. It's like decorating a house and you create a good ambiance. WHen you have good surroundings then ideas and inspiration will definitely flow. Blogs are an outlet where you express yourself so I guess for me the 'extras' on my page are an expression of my creative side. I've never been a poet like Sheena. I suck in poetry so let out my creativity this way.

But I'm not saying that those who didn't have anything 'extra' on their page means that their blogs are boring. Some were outstanding even without decorations and such. I found a blog by this one guy who had a unique style of writing his blog. He really impressed me but you wouldn't say that if you were to judge by how his blog looks like. The page was rather bland. It's such a pity that my internet line went dead as soon as I was about to add a comment on his page. So now I don't know what the blog address is and I just hope that one day I might stumble across it again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails