Thursday, January 27, 2005

Wedding Jitters...

It's unbelievable but one of my closest and smartest friend during high school is actually getting married this weekend! Are we really in marriageable age already? But I'm only 22. Hold on a minute... I'm 22?!! That means I'll be 23 in a couple of months!! AAAaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! I'm OLD!!!!!

No wonder people say ignorance is bliss. Living in a state of denial is definitely the best way for anyone to live happily. I mean look at me. I was fine until one day I received an sms saying "Shan... I'm getting married by the end of this month." What the @*#$!!

Anyhows, I gotta come to terms with my own penuaan. I'm already graduating for god's sake!! Next thing I know I'll be married with two kids and probably still living in a state of denial. I'd probably say that the kids weren't even mine. They popped up out of nowhere.

The idea of marriage is not so scary but the idea of all that responsibility does. I don't think I'm ready yet to commit myself to that. Thank god that Matt is not dreaming of me getting pregnant unlike a certain person we know...:P I have dreams to achieve and people to meet. Marriage can still wait a little longer.

BUt you know what they say... sometimes its those people who do not want to commit will be the first to tie the knot. Great example... Adry. She's already entertaining ideas about getting engaged by the end of this year. Of all people Adry. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for her but it's quite sudden. Quite shocking really. Anyways, I just wish the best for her in everything that she does.

As for me... I'll just take my own sweet time thank you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails