Friday, September 24, 2004

Bored... no money... lazy... what else can I say?

Its the weekend and I'm stuck here in UIA. Matt is now happily stuffing himself in Kedah with his family while I'm here with nothing to do. No money and tonnes of work to think about. Why?! Why?! Seriously I have never gotten the case of malasness this bad before. But I gotta. I hafta! So here I am in ITD lab writing my woes away...

Just had the worst presentation ever today in Feature Writing. I seriously don't know what the lecturer was thinking when he told us to present the feature that we wrote. How exactly do you present a profile of someone? Because all you have is the profile that you wrote. I guess you can make it interesting by putting pictures and a summary of that person's life on powerpoint but UIA (the filthy rich university) just cant afford to provide projectors in the classroom so we had to make do with what ever we had. So there we were the 5 of us standing stupidly in front of the class while we wait for our turn to read out a section of the profile to the class. I bet that most of the students were already half asleep while we were reading the profile. I would too if I had to listen to people read to me some big shot's achievements. Not too mention that big shot was a 60 year old pervert so reading to other people about how cool and succesful just made me fell like barfing. (Refer back to article 'Interviw with a pervert' for more details.) A member of the class actually had the nerve to question his decision for us to present the paper but again he had a valid reason to that. He said that he wanted everyone to talk in class at least once so that he could see how good our English are. I guess that is sorta good idea coz some may write but it doesn't mean that their English is good.

Quality Quest newsletter is 95% done and just need the go-ahead from Dr. Nora before its sent off to the printers. I just hope that she's happy with the results. I can't wait to see all my hardwork finally go to print and actually get acknowledged for it. Working with IIUM Holdings was a bummer since all your hardwork was acredited to someone else and you only get paid a crummy RM50 per month. All I can say to that is that the experience was kinda cool.

I have finally watched PGL and I must say that I'm very proud of my fellow Malaysians. It was definitely a good movie and All they need to do to turn that movie from good to great was just tie up some loose ends. Editing should be slightly smoother and Makeup could be a little better but other than that it was really cool. Costumes were the bomb ad the cast was fantastic. hey really did a good job. I was kinda suprised to see that the cinema was half full even though it was a morning show on a Wednesday. I thought that people wouldn't bother to come in the mornings but that just goes to show the movie is still raking up income. The Malaysian movie industry has finally raised up several notches in quality.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails